Cabin Fever?

Anything goes! We want to hear from you.
User avatar
Lizzybear
Posts: 9824
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:24 am
Location: Saskatchewan

Fri May 22, 2020 3:21 pm

Garden is done :D Looks good,now to just wait for things to grow..

Going to be a nice weekend here and we will be outside enjoying it as much as we can..I know it is a long weekend for you in the States..Going to be different than what is usually is I would assume.We had our long weekend last week and I know some of the campgrounds opened up but I don`t think there was much camping happening.

June 8th is the next phase to open up..That will be for bars and restaurants but of course with new rules.Only 50 % occupancy and self distancing.

Hope everyone has a good Memorial Day..Enjoy whatever you do,but be safe.
Live Well,Love Much,Laugh Often
ShoweminMD
Posts: 1719
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:05 pm
Location: Central MD

Sat May 23, 2020 12:36 pm

Happy memorial day weekend, here's to remembering what it's really about. :usa Thank you to all that served, and to those who gave all may you rest in peace.
Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!
User avatar
Wanderlost
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:10 am
Location: Texas Hill Country

Sat May 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Had to go out in public today. Saturday during Memorial Day weekend here is a nightmare. All the tourons have arrived from the big cities, bringing their city attitudes and germs/viruses, etc. Luckily, I got in and out before the crowds cluttered everything up.

We'll just hunker down on the property now, float in the swimming pool, char animal flesh and drink mass quantities. Lovely weekend for it.
"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.”
Theodore Roosevelt
User avatar
winger
Posts: 4417
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:07 pm
Location: North Georgia Mountains

Sun May 24, 2020 12:23 am

Got out for a 4 hour :ride: today. I wasn't within 6 feet of anybody.
Winger
Semper Fi !!!!!
User avatar
Lizzybear
Posts: 9824
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:24 am
Location: Saskatchewan

Tue May 26, 2020 3:24 pm

Hope you all had a good weekend..

Going to cut the grass soon..I am so thankful we have a nice yard to enjoy and have no desire to go anywhere..They opened up some of the parks up here and people were packed in like sardines,sure no self distancing going on..If people continue to ignore things,the government will shut everything down again.

I do have to make a trip to the city for groceries,but I sure won`t be browsing around..We do have a little store in the town we live in,but they can`t keep stock in..Most of the time they don`t get their order in and what they do goes off the shelves very quickly.I guess they figure they have to keep the big stores in the city stocked.

Be safe :D
Live Well,Love Much,Laugh Often
User avatar
Wanderlost
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:10 am
Location: Texas Hill Country

Tue May 26, 2020 6:44 pm

Our village stores are doing okay, inventory wise, except when the tourons descend upon us, so we don't have to go to the city often at all.

We really enjoy being out here, where we don't have to see any other humans unless we feel like it. As an introvert, I rarely feel like it; WLToo says I'd make a great hermit...

We have sunshine today, after getting 2.82" of rain Sunday through early this morning. We're pretty soaked. Garden's happy, though WLToo left the gate open and the deer ate all the lettuce. Oops.

It's only 79 outside. Think I'll go sit on the new deck and enjoy the day.
"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.”
Theodore Roosevelt
User avatar
Lizzybear
Posts: 9824
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:24 am
Location: Saskatchewan

Thu May 28, 2020 2:03 pm

Good morning..

The trip to the city was uneventful..Got what I needed and then home..

Wal-Mart was not very busy at all and they had the things I needed to get..No line ups at the cashiers and I got through quickly..The cashiers are wiping down the tills and pin pads in between customers.I think next week will be a whole different story..That is when the bars and restaurants open..Glad we won`t have to be going into the city for awhile..

We have had terrible winds the last few days and it dries the garden out so much..We will be putting the soaker hoses on it today..The radishes are starting to pop up.

We haven`t been out on the bike yet..Ken will get it out and all cleaned up and then we can ride.One thing with riding,you can self distance..And we only will be riding out in the country..


Be safe :D
Live Well,Love Much,Laugh Often
randee
Site Admin
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:24 pm
Location: Spearfish SD
Contact:

Thu May 28, 2020 3:32 pm

I went to 2 hardware stores yesterday, NO one had masks on except the cashier behind the till. None of the customers and none of the other employees running around had masks on. No one was really doing much for social distancing either. I'll be surprised if we don't get a new and bigger outbreak here in SD.
Sturgis Rally 80th, August 7 - 16, 2020
User avatar
Lizzybear
Posts: 9824
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:24 am
Location: Saskatchewan

Thu May 28, 2020 7:18 pm

randee wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:32 pm
I went to 2 hardware stores yesterday, NO one had masks on except the cashier behind the till. None of the customers and none of the other employees running around had masks on. No one was really doing much for social distancing either. I'll be surprised if we don't get a new and bigger outbreak here in SD.
I suspect we will get a second outbreak here..People are starting to gather and not taking precautions.North of us,there was a large gathering of people for a party and 2 have tested positive for the virus..Now everyone that was there and any people they were in contact with have to be tested.
Live Well,Love Much,Laugh Often
randee
Site Admin
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:24 pm
Location: Spearfish SD
Contact:

Thu May 28, 2020 7:25 pm

Lizzybear wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:18 pm
randee wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:32 pm
I went to 2 hardware stores yesterday, NO one had masks on except the cashier behind the till. None of the customers and none of the other employees running around had masks on. No one was really doing much for social distancing either. I'll be surprised if we don't get a new and bigger outbreak here in SD.
I suspect we will get a second outbreak here..People are starting to gather and not taking precautions.North of us,there was a large gathering of people for a party and 2 have tested positive for the virus..Now everyone that was there and any people they were in contact with have to be tested.
I'm all for more testing... I'm tired of running in the dark trying to dodge invisible bullets.
Sturgis Rally 80th, August 7 - 16, 2020
User avatar
Teqsun
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Central MN

Thu May 28, 2020 8:59 pm

Lizzybear wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:18 pm
randee wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:32 pm
I went to 2 hardware stores yesterday, NO one had masks on except the cashier behind the till. None of the customers and none of the other employees running around had masks on. No one was really doing much for social distancing either. I'll be surprised if we don't get a new and bigger outbreak here in SD.
I suspect we will get a second outbreak here..People are starting to gather and not taking precautions.North of us,there was a large gathering of people for a party and 2 have tested positive for the virus..Now everyone that was there and any people they were in contact with have to be tested.
Yeah, it will explode around the USA next week after things started reopening Memorial Weekend. We had relatively few cases in our county the first 2 months, but has since doubled after the May 9 opening fishing weekend and the citiots all came up to Lake country.
User avatar
winger
Posts: 4417
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:07 pm
Location: North Georgia Mountains

Fri May 29, 2020 11:06 am

Morning y'all. Social distancing with the rifle team today. Burying a veteran.
Winger
Semper Fi !!!!!
User avatar
Wanderlost
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:10 am
Location: Texas Hill Country

Sat May 30, 2020 4:41 pm

Memorial Day weekend was pretty normal. No uptick in county infections, so I guess the tourons took their germs/viruses/cooties home with them.

We're harvesting Blue Lake green beans at a fairly steady pace. WLToo remembers to close the gate now...

Time to get crackin'. Got chores to do.
"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.”
Theodore Roosevelt
randee
Site Admin
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:24 pm
Location: Spearfish SD
Contact:

Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:05 pm

Looks like SD is ramping up the covid19 infected numbers after this last week.
Sturgis Rally 80th, August 7 - 16, 2020
User avatar
Wanderlost
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:10 am
Location: Texas Hill Country

Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:23 pm

Went to the big city to pay Mom's rent on her Independent Living apartment and to pick up a few things she wants while she's staying with us. Not a whole lot of autos out and about, not even close to normal, even though the city is gradually opening up. Headed over to Sister's place for more of Mom's summer clothes, then back to the country. It was a right nice day.

The only downside was when I was grocery shopping. My nose decided to start running, right into the face mask. No one else could see it dribbling, luckily. Boy, I hate when my sinuses decide to spontaneously clear themselves...
"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.”
Theodore Roosevelt
User avatar
Lizzybear
Posts: 9824
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:24 am
Location: Saskatchewan

Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:17 pm

Had to take my neighbour into the City yesterday for an appointment at the hospital..I dropped her off and then found a place to park..No one is allowed into the hospital unless they are there for some tests or of course if you are sick.I was fine with sitting in the car waiting.Took a book with me and passed the time reading.Once she was done,we headed straight for home.Traffic in the City is getting heavier as more things open up.

I have to go again next week as Ken has an appointment at the hospital for a stress test and then to see the cardiologist.His testing will take between 2-3 hours.We are quite surprised he got in this quickly but as things settle down people are getting appointments fairly quick.

Weather has not been great.Wind every day and no rain.We need rain badly,everything is so dry.I am surprised the garden is holding up with all the wind.We are watering all the time.Put sod down around the garden boxes and we have to keep that watered so it roots.

Hope everyone is staying safe.
Live Well,Love Much,Laugh Often
User avatar
EM2
Site Admin
Posts: 3412
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:14 pm
Location: Jawja

Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:51 pm

Lizzybear wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:17 pm
Had to take my neighbour into the City yesterday for an appointment at the hospital..I dropped her off and then found a place to park..No one is allowed into the hospital unless they are there for some tests or of course if you are sick.I was fine with sitting in the car waiting.Took a book with me and passed the time reading.Once she was done,we headed straight for home.Traffic in the City is getting heavier as more things open up.

I have to go again next week as Ken has an appointment at the hospital for a stress test and then to see the cardiologist.His testing will take between 2-3 hours.We are quite surprised he got in this quickly but as things settle down people are getting appointments fairly quick.

Weather has not been great.Wind every day and no rain.We need rain badly,everything is so dry.I am surprised the garden is holding up with all the wind.We are watering all the time.Put sod down around the garden boxes and we have to keep that watered so it roots.

Hope everyone is staying safe.

I have my annual checkup scheduled tomorrow. It's been postponed 3 times since early march. Looking forward to the Doc letting me know I've gained the Covid 20....... :?
It's going to be a GREAT day Tater!
User avatar
Lizzybear
Posts: 9824
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:24 am
Location: Saskatchewan

Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:43 am

EM2 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:51 pm
Lizzybear wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:17 pm
Had to take my neighbour into the City yesterday for an appointment at the hospital..I dropped her off and then found a place to park..No one is allowed into the hospital unless they are there for some tests or of course if you are sick.I was fine with sitting in the car waiting.Took a book with me and passed the time reading.Once she was done,we headed straight for home.Traffic in the City is getting heavier as more things open up.

I have to go again next week as Ken has an appointment at the hospital for a stress test and then to see the cardiologist.His testing will take between 2-3 hours.We are quite surprised he got in this quickly but as things settle down people are getting appointments fairly quick.

Weather has not been great.Wind every day and no rain.We need rain badly,everything is so dry.I am surprised the garden is holding up with all the wind.We are watering all the time.Put sod down around the garden boxes and we have to keep that watered so it roots.

Hope everyone is staying safe.

I have my annual checkup scheduled tomorrow. It's been postponed 3 times since early march. Looking forward to the Doc letting me know I've gained the Covid 20....... :?
Yes I seem to have gained the Covid 20 :lol: :lol:
Live Well,Love Much,Laugh Often
User avatar
Teqsun
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Central MN

Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:40 am

Lizzybear wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:43 am
EM2 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:51 pm
Lizzybear wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:17 pm
Had to take my neighbour into the City yesterday for an appointment at the hospital..I dropped her off and then found a place to park..No one is allowed into the hospital unless they are there for some tests or of course if you are sick.I was fine with sitting in the car waiting.Took a book with me and passed the time reading.Once she was done,we headed straight for home.Traffic in the City is getting heavier as more things open up.

I have to go again next week as Ken has an appointment at the hospital for a stress test and then to see the cardiologist.His testing will take between 2-3 hours.We are quite surprised he got in this quickly but as things settle down people are getting appointments fairly quick.

Weather has not been great.Wind every day and no rain.We need rain badly,everything is so dry.I am surprised the garden is holding up with all the wind.We are watering all the time.Put sod down around the garden boxes and we have to keep that watered so it roots.

Hope everyone is staying safe.

I have my annual checkup scheduled tomorrow. It's been postponed 3 times since early march. Looking forward to the Doc letting me know I've gained the Covid 20....... :?
Yes I seem to have gained the Covid 20 :lol: :lol:
You are both overachievers...it's limited to 19 (covid19)...lol :D
User avatar
Lizzybear
Posts: 9824
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:24 am
Location: Saskatchewan

Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:26 pm

Teqsun wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:40 am
Lizzybear wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:43 am
EM2 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:51 pm



I have my annual checkup scheduled tomorrow. It's been postponed 3 times since early march. Looking forward to the Doc letting me know I've gained the Covid 20....... :?
Yes I seem to have gained the Covid 20 :lol: :lol:
You are both overachievers...it's limited to 19 (covid19)...lol :D

Finally I overachieved at something :lol: :lol: :lol:
Live Well,Love Much,Laugh Often
User avatar
Lizzybear
Posts: 9824
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:24 am
Location: Saskatchewan

Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:12 am

Trip to the City was uneventful.

Got to the hospital at 2.15,Ken had to go in and register and then up to the floor where they do the stress tests etc.I of course couldn`t go into the hospital as there are still restrictions.

The stress test went well as did the EKG..There is a slight heart murmur but nothing to be to concerned about.He will have to go back to have dye shot through his veins to make sure there is no blockages anywhere,but the doctor was pretty happy with things.

Because they have opened up a lot of things this week,the traffic was heavier than we have seen it in months.I was quite glad to get back to our little town.

Puttering around the yard and working in the garden is relaxing and all we need for entertainment :D

Stay safe everyone.
Live Well,Love Much,Laugh Often
User avatar
Wanderlost
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:10 am
Location: Texas Hill Country

Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:28 am

Harvested some green beans and carrot tops. Still hoping the tomatoes make fruit. Otherwise, we're just sittin' on our hillside, enjoying the weather.

All this social distancing is just everyday life out here...
"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.”
Theodore Roosevelt
User avatar
Lizzybear
Posts: 9824
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:24 am
Location: Saskatchewan

Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:23 pm

Garden is coming along very nicely. Takes a lot longer up here before we start to see the produce but everything is growing.

So we had to go back into the City for Ken to have another echogram.We have to go back in June 26 for his pre-op and they will tell him what procedure they will use.Not sure if they will go through the groin area or through his wrist. Back in on July 2nd for the angiogram.The doctor has said that if there is a blockage he will go ahead and put a stent in.If that is the case he will have to stay in the hospital overnight.This will put a bit of a damper on summer as he will need to recuperate anywhere from 3-6 weeks.

Not crazy about running in and out of the City but I guess that is the price you pay for small town living.I have noticed since they started opening things up,the parking lots are a lot fuller with people shopping etc.

Stay well everyone :D
Live Well,Love Much,Laugh Often
User avatar
Lizzybear
Posts: 9824
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:24 am
Location: Saskatchewan

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:03 pm

The garden is not looking good. We had a nasty storm go through. Rain,hail and high winds. It did a lot of damage.We are hoping some of it comes back but not sure if it will.

Disappointing after all our work planting and looking after it..
Live Well,Love Much,Laugh Often
randee
Site Admin
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:24 pm
Location: Spearfish SD
Contact:

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:31 pm

Lizzybear wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:03 pm
The garden is not looking good. We had a nasty storm go through. Rain,hail and high winds. It did a lot of damage.We are hoping some of it comes back but not sure if it will.

Disappointing after all our work planting and looking after it..
Yes I hear that. It really is disappointing. Especially if you imagined yourself eating some of that extra-good home grown stuff.
Sturgis Rally 80th, August 7 - 16, 2020
User avatar
Wanderlost
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:10 am
Location: Texas Hill Country

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:51 pm

We harvested another handful of green beans. I blanched froze them. In the next month or so, we might actually harvest enough for a couple servings...

Rained buckets early this morning, so we don't have to water today. We're on permanent water rationing here, and keeping a close eye on when we'll need to water is pretty important. Will we last until the next watering day, or should we go ahead and water today? Should we use today's watering time to just fill up the downspout collector tubs or depend on the morning rain to be sufficient until next watering day?

Those kinds of questions are common around here now.

The cantaloupe vines are doing well. We might actually harvest some this go around.

Still getting the hang of early spring and late summer gardens. Can't have summer gardens -- the heat just kills them.
"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.”
Theodore Roosevelt
User avatar
Wanderlost
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:10 am
Location: Texas Hill Country

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:29 pm

The big city went back into 'stay at home." Of course, the Costco immediately ran out of toilet paper and paper towels. Idjits...
"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.”
Theodore Roosevelt
Post Reply