Moderators: EM2, longhair, Copperhead, Leadhand

#976753 by Sancho
Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:02 am
Has anyone found a durable and long lasting Sturgis Tee Shirt? I have bought shirts from different vendors in Sturgis and they seem to last about as long as motorcycle tires and Coleman Tents which is not very long. Have several Tom's Tees and find them to be on the thin side and other shirts that I have bought at Sturgis have faded way too soon. Just would like to find a more durable shirt for my $20.
#976755 by flaboy
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:07 pm
IF YOU WASH THEM INSIDE OUT THEY WILL NOT FADE! I HAVE SHIRTS THAT ARE 20 YRS OLD AND STILL NOT FADED!!
AND IF YOU GET GREASE ON THEM SPRAY THEM IN WD-40 AND THROW THEM IN THE WASH, IT TAKES THE GREASE OUT! AND WON'T HURT THE OTHER CLOTHES. BUT YOU HAVE TO DO IT BEFORE YOU PUT THEM IN THE DRYER.
#976759 by Teqsun
Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:50 pm
I've purchased from Hot Leathers to main street vendors (even gas station vendors)... my 2006 is looking a little worn after all the washes, but is still recognizable. All the others have lasted also, and have been washed inside out as Flaboy mentioned.
This includes long sleeves and denim cut-off shirts.
#976770 by randee
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:17 pm
Sucks that individual businesses can no longer print their own Sturgis rally t's.
Hot Leathers is the ONLY company who prints the tshirts - They determine which t's to use...
#976772 by Sancho
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:56 pm
No competition, yeah that is always good for quality. :roll: I guess I just wear mine too much.
#976775 by mdpocian
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:17 pm
Since they mandated all Sturgis rally stuff must have the "Tag" I don't buy anything with that "Tag" attached. Boycott, Boycott, Boycott....
#976798 by randee
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:49 pm
mdpocian wrote:Since they mandated all Sturgis rally stuff must have the "Tag" I don't buy anything with that "Tag" attached. Boycott, Boycott, Boycott....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The Sturgis Rally was started by and run by regular people... it's always been the rider's rally! Not a legal entity setup to gain a monopoly on tshirt sales.