Moderators: Leadhand, EM2, longhair, Copperhead

#975698 by mraudit2000
Wed May 30, 2018 4:13 pm
Hello all. I know there are new owners that have taken over the Shade Valley. I stayed there last year and was excited to be staying there again this year. I booked my cabin in January when the new ownership was taken over. Because of this, I asked if I would still receive two DaBus passes and was told yes. Now, looking at some facebook posts, I noticed that they are not offering this benefit, and that I would now have to buy my own passes. Needless to say, I am a little irate about this. I contacted the campground and they told me sorry, new ownership. I then replied, that I booked after the new owners took over and was told I would get the passes. He said nope, new owners, no passes. What a freaking joke. So now, if I want to cancel, I have to give up $280 which is more than the passes. They promised they would not change anything.
#975699 by EM2
Wed May 30, 2018 4:38 pm
Sounds like bad business to me. Not the way you want to take over as a new owner of the place. Not sure if our site founder and administrator randee knows the new owners or not, but maybe he can add some input and insight to the situation.

Also, the best place to express your displeasure is on social media. Pretty sure they don't want the negative PR....

Hope it works out!!
#975781 by randee
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:57 am
I will ask! So far my experiences with the new owner and his people have been nothing but positive.
They seem to really want to do a good job and make their new campground grow.
#976077 by randee
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:59 pm
Here is what I got back...
Hi Randy, I apologize for the delay. You can respond to those message boards saying that Da Bus is STILL FREE for all shade valley guests. We just recently made a deal with Da Bus, so all Shade Valley guests will be able to use Da Bus for free.

Thanks
Ryan Loeffler
Entertainment Manager
Shade Valley Camp Resort
605-347-5556 - Office
714-864-9060 - Cell
20158 137th Place
Sturgis, SD 57785
#976443 by Z-snake
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:17 am
I just looked at an satellite view of said campground and wonder how they got their name.

Just askin'.

~<:Ssssssssssssnake/""
#976445 by randee
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:46 am
Z-snake wrote:I just looked at an satellite view of said campground and wonder how they got their name.
Just askin'.
~<:Ssssssssssssnake/""

Much of their campground runs along the creek with trees, and other parts with trees they've planted... but not all of it! The cabins are in an area that has smaller trees yet. New owner this year. I'm sure he's learning the ropes yet too.