BBOOTS

A Moderated Message Board 

Moderators: longhair, Copperhead, Leadhand, EM2

#974610  by Lizzybear
 Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:13 am
SturgisSoundguy wrote:Peep. There I peeped.

I don't think I qualify as an old-timer age wise but I've hung out here for years. I did get my very first AARP thing in the mail this week. I tossed it since I'm not old enough to sign up.

My slightly younger wife has been on AARP's mailing list for the last 10 years since her 40th birthday! Every time they send her stuff she is not amused...

I don't facebook, tweet, or any of that Shite :snipersmile:
You are not an old timer in age,but in the fact that you have been on this board for ages :lol: :lol:
 #974619  by EM2
 Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:07 pm
Lizzybear wrote:

I don't think I qualify as an old-timer age wise but I've hung out here for years. I did get my very first AARP thing in the mail this week. I tossed it since I'm not old enough to sign up.

My slightly younger wife has been on AARP's mailing list for the last 10 years since her 40th birthday! Every time they send her stuff she is not amused...

You are not an old timer in age,but in the fact that you have been on this board for ages :lol: :lol:
Speaking of being on the boards for ages, you got me beat by 8 days :lilangel: . :mrgreen:
 #974622  by Lizzybear
 Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:07 pm
EM2 wrote:
Lizzybear wrote:

Speaking of being on the boards for ages, you got me beat by 8 days :lilangel: . :mrgreen:
15 years for us this year :D :lilangel:
 #974630  by winger
 Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:14 am
Lizzybear wrote:
EM2 wrote:
Lizzybear wrote:

15 years for us this year :D :lilangel:
Time flys you know. :shocked!:
 #974635  by mouldy
 Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:29 am
Lizzybear wrote:I miss all the people who used to post and wonder how they are doing..

I agree young people have other interests than we did at a young age..Driving and texting is a big one..Technology has taken over everything.It is a sad situation.
I drift away a bit,but all I’ve come to know are often in my mind.
Looking forward to riding again!
 #974668  by Teqsun
 Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:35 pm
Wanderlost wrote:Unless you're very, very liberal, I don't recommend AARP. They take your money and give it to liberal lobbyists. Mom stays a member because she's liberal, and also because she thinks their Medicare Part Something Or Other is a good deal, and she has to stay an AARP member to be able to buy it. But last time I reviewed all her Medicare options, it was not even close to a good deal. She kept it anyway. Sheesh.

As for AARP discounts, it's exactly the same discount you'd get with AAA, a veterans' organization, NRA, various travel clubs, etc. Ain't worth putting up with all their crap mail.
Personally... I don't pay for any memberships. Don't have the money to support anyone but my family. And never served, but thank you to those that have...
 #974669  by come&gone
 Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:12 pm
Well shit, I'm an AARP member. :oops: Other than the usual 10+% discount I once had them take $50 of a $150 room because of the membership. I have never had AAA, but I've been an NRA member for a long time and never knew that would get you a discount. :shock:

And yea, I believe they would let you join AARP a dozen times a year or more if you were dumb (or senile) enough to. I check my card from time to time and drop all of their other mailings in the shredder. :D
 #974687  by Hoop
 Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:37 am
This has to be an April Fools joke. One of my buds posted on Facebook that Sturgis was putting in Roundabouts on Main & Junction and Main & 4th.
 #974730  by SturgisSoundguy
 Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:35 pm
Here is how you get a FREE AAA membership-

1) Buy the AAA Membership

2) Every time you go to EAT somewhere ask if they have a AAA discount, I-Hop for example has a 20% AAA discount!
2.1) Almost every hotel has a AAA discount.
2.2) AMC Movie Theaters has an UP TO 30% off, not all are 30% but it won't hurt to ask right?
3) Check the AAA list, NAPA is on there for example.

The money we save using the AAA discount is more than the money we pay for the AAA Membership which = FREE AAA if you think about it! Check AAA's website, they have places you might not know about that will give you a discount :D

Here are links to most of the AAA discount partners, I-Hop isn't listed but every time I go there I show my AAA card and get the discount.

https://discounts.calstate.aaa.com/merchants/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://autoclubmo.discounts.aaa.com/ca ... goryId/623" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check them both or your local AAA as there are different places listed on each of these websites so maybe it is AAA Regional thing?

Doesn't hurt when planning a trip to know where to save a few $ along the way so you can have more fun in Sturgis!
come&gone wrote:Well shit, I'm an AARP member. :oops: Other than the usual 10+% discount I once had them take $50 of a $150 room because of the membership. I have never had AAA, but I've been an NRA member for a long time and never knew that would get you a discount. :shock:

And yea, I believe they would let you join AARP a dozen times a year or more if you were dumb (or senile) enough to. I check my card from time to time and drop all of their other mailings in the shredder. :D
 #974937  by come&gone
 Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:36 am
VTwinBob wrote:Peep..LOL. Am I one of them thar old timers?
Yes, and be careful. At an average of 3-1/2 post a year, do not over exert yourself! :lol:
 #974944  by EM2
 Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:47 pm
mdpocian wrote:How the hell did this get to aarp?
Maybe because most all of us eligible for it? :shrug: That and Social Security, Senior discounts and the "Early Bird" specials at the local restaurants.. :mrgreen:

Realistically, there are not a lot of 40 'ish bikers posting on Forums these days..... :?
 #974945  by come&gone
 Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:42 pm
EM2 wrote:
Maybe because most all of us eligible for it? :shrug: That and Social Security, Senior discounts and the "Early Bird" specials at the local restaurants.. :mrgreen:

Realistically, there are not a lot of 40 'ish bikers posting on Forums these days..... :?
HEY! I was a 40'ish biker, 20'ish years ago. :lol:
 #974946  by EM2
 Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:01 pm
come&gone wrote:
EM2 wrote:

So was I when I started posting here..... :54: :mrgreen:
 #974953  by Sharkman
 Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:42 am
EM2 wrote:
come&gone wrote:
EM2 wrote:

Oh to be 40 again...
 #974955  by VTwinBob
 Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:18 am
Sharkman wrote:
EM2 wrote:
come&gone wrote:
EM2 wrote:

Oh to be 40 again...
I can't even remember 40!