Moderators: EM2, longhair, Copperhead, Leadhand

#973759 by WyomingRider
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:32 am
Hi everyone! I have not posted on this forum in forever so thought I would say Hi! Everything is going well for me right now but it has been a little rough the past couple years with medical issues. I had blood clots in both lungs in 2016 and that took about 8 months to resolve. I am now on daily blood thinners to try to keep from having any more clots. So far it is working well and I am feeling well. I had reverse total shoulder replacement in April of last year. That went about as well as I could possibly expect and I am now released from the care of the surgeon. I have full use of my shoulder now and it feels very good. I was able to ride last summer and I'm now looking forward to nicer weather coming along so I can get back on the bike this spring. We have reservations at the campground near Hill City where we have stayed for the past 3 years so we are looking forward to going again this year. I bought a new GMC 4X4 pickup last March which pulls our toy hauler much better than the old pickup. I am enjoying my retirement and spend a lot of time in my garage cranking out woodworking projects which I sell on Facebook, on Etsy.com and at a few local bazaars. My wife is still working but she is thinking of retiring as well in the next year or so. I hope all is well with all who read this post. Ride on! :wave:
#973760 by Lizzybear
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:07 pm
WyomingRider wrote:Hi everyone! I have not posted on this forum in forever so thought I would say Hi! Everything is going well for me right now but it has been a little rough the past couple years with medical issues. I had blood clots in both lungs in 2016 and that took about 8 months to resolve. I am now on daily blood thinners to try to keep from having any more clots. So far it is working well and I am feeling well. I had reverse total shoulder replacement in April of last year. That went about as well as I could possibly expect and I am now released from the care of the surgeon. I have full use of my shoulder now and it feels very good. I was able to ride last summer and I'm now looking forward to nicer weather coming along so I can get back on the bike this spring. We have reservations at the campground near Hill City where we have stayed for the past 3 years so we are looking forward to going again this year. I bought a new GMC 4X4 pickup last March which pulls our toy hauler much better than the old pickup. I am enjoying my retirement and spend a lot of time in my garage cranking out woodworking projects which I sell on Facebook, on Etsy.com and at a few local bazaars. My wife is still working but she is thinking of retiring as well in the next year or so. I hope all is well with all who read this post. Ride on! :wave:

Nice to hear from you and know that you are well..I will be retiring finally this year..We are going to be selling our place in Kelowna and moving back to the Prairies..We are both getting older and all our kids are back East and we need to be close to them..It has been hard being away from them..Pop in once in awhile and let us know how you are doing :D
#973761 by WyomingRider
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:31 pm
Lizzybear wrote:
WyomingRider wrote:Hi everyone! I have not posted on this forum in forever so thought I would say Hi! Everything is going well for me right now but it has been a little rough the past couple years with medical issues. I had blood clots in both lungs in 2016 and that took about 8 months to resolve. I am now on daily blood thinners to try to keep from having any more clots. So far it is working well and I am feeling well. I had reverse total shoulder replacement in April of last year. That went about as well as I could possibly expect and I am now released from the care of the surgeon. I have full use of my shoulder now and it feels very good. I was able to ride last summer and I'm now looking forward to nicer weather coming along so I can get back on the bike this spring. We have reservations at the campground near Hill City where we have stayed for the past 3 years so we are looking forward to going again this year. I bought a new GMC 4X4 pickup last March which pulls our toy hauler much better than the old pickup. I am enjoying my retirement and spend a lot of time in my garage cranking out woodworking projects which I sell on Facebook, on Etsy.com and at a few local bazaars. My wife is still working but she is thinking of retiring as well in the next year or so. I hope all is well with all who read this post. Ride on! :wave:

Nice to hear from you and know that you are well..I will be retiring finally this year..We are going to be selling our place in Kelowna and moving back to the Prairies..We are both getting older and all our kids are back East and we need to be close to them..It has been hard being away from them..Pop in once in awhile and let us know how you are doing :D

I hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I have! The key is to stay busy but I'm sure you won't have a problem with that. Family is very important and you need to do whatever is necessary to spend more time with them. My wife and I are lucky. We have a 19 year old grandaughter who has a 3 year old and she lives in the same town we do. Our daughter and her husband live here too. Our son is married and they have two boys and they only live 120 miles away so we see them a lot. I feel sorry for grandparent who only get to see their grandkids a few times a year. Thanks for the reply. I still read comments occasionally and will try to update occasionally.
#973763 by come&gone
Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:07 am
Good to hear from from WR! Glad all is well and you're enjoying your retirement.
#973823 by Wanderlost
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:16 pm
Glad to hear you're doing well, WyomingRider. And Lizziebear, retirement is a wonderful thing. Amazing how busy I am, now that I don't have to go to "work."

When you pack up to move back to the Prairies, be ruthless. We spent five years before retirement getting rid of stuff, then sold all our furniture except the bedroom suite, rocking chair, grandfather clock, and a few antiques -- we knew that furniture wouldn't fit in whatever house we found here. We still moved with four PODS of books and papers, kitchen stuff, music and movies, garden equipment, woodworking tools, and hobby stuff. It's only been about 8 years, and I've still got at least two more to go in just cleaning out stuff, but we can actually see bare space in the office/sewing/model train/library room. We did have a couple of big setbacks, what with inheriting a garage full of his mom's stuff, then clearing Mom's house when she sold it, but we're clearing that out at a fairly good pace.

The day I walked out of the Pentagon for the last time, I immediately took all my office clothes to Goodwill. Next day, we attached his Jeep to the RV, the motorcycle trailer to my Jeep, and spent a couple weeks wending our way back home to Texas. The stress and muscle tension eased with each mile. Lived in an RV park for several months, until we closed on this place and started the next great adventure -- owning a unique fixer upper. But it's not stressful, really.

Enjoy your retirement. It's great.
#973830 by Hoop
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:46 pm
Always good to hear from you WR. Equally glad your medical issues seem to be resolved.
#975515 by Z-snake
Sat May 19, 2018 8:18 am
Been about umpteen YEARS, but Jake the Snake is alive and well in Virginia!

I quit riding about 6 years ago. Just thought I'd leave it you younger kids. 49 Years and over 500,000 miles of riding and thought that that was enough.

Had a ball with you fine folks and millions of fond memories.

Ride safe!

~<:SSssssssssssssssssnake/""
#975516 by SHOWEM
Sat May 19, 2018 9:02 am
Thought I would check in its been awhile. I'll be retiring 8-14-20 my wife and I bought a place down in florida in Venice about 1/2 hour south of Sarasota. We still live north of Boston but we visit our florida home in Dec-Jan,Apr,Oct and ill be going down there for a week in July just to check on things. My cell is 9782045024 if anyone would like to get in touch or just say hi!

Take Care
#975784 by cliff2
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:07 am
Retirement is overrated. Tried it, doesn't work for me. Still going to Sturgis each year. This year is the 78th annual, that's how I keep up with my age. Hope to make it to 80. Hope you all are well. :wave:
#975999 by Slider7
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:04 pm
Checking in as well. Been forever since I have posted on the forums. Wife and I will have the whole week of rally off this year so going to try to pack in as much as we can to have fun!

Cheers!
#976034 by Wanderlost
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:36 am
Y'all have fun. We'll be wending our way back from Alaska about then.
#976252 by biohazard
Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:48 pm
Hello all , been a real long time , still riding ( when I can have had hip issues) and not sure if I will make it to Sturgis this yeas but will be doing a road trip si look out I may not be to far away.